World AIDS Day #SomebodyLikeMe

2:58 AM

 
Do you guys know that 1st of December is World AIDS Day ?
 
This is the day where people worldwide unite together and show support in the fight against HIV and also to commemorate people who have died because of it. It was established in year 1988.
 

Why is World AIDS Day important?

Around 100,000 are currently living with HIV in the UK and globally an estimated 34 million people have HIV. More than 25 million people between 1981 and 2007 have died from the virus, making it one of the most destructive pandemics in history.

Today, many scientific advances have been made in HIV treatment, there are laws to protect people living with HIV and we understand so much more about the condition. But despite this, people do not know the facts about how to protect themselves and others from HIV, and stigma and discrimination remain a reality for many people living with HIV. World AIDS Day is important as it reminds the public and Government that HIV has not gone away – there is still a vital need to raise money, increase awareness, fight prejudice and improve education.

- See more at: http://www.worldaidscampaign.org/world-aids-day/#sthash.4Dh70CyY.dpuf

 
So in Malaysia, Durex started an awareness of HIV and AIDs campaign by creating this hashtag #SomebodyLikeMe. Feel free to upload your photos by creating your own board and upload them to your blog, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc...
 
This is my version *sorry ah wrong hashtag :( suppose to be #SomebodyLikeMe *
 Thennn, I'm lucky enough to be in their campaign's video ! OMG if you haven't see it yet......
 
HERE IT IS!! SPOT ME :P
 
Today, I went to Aloft hotel, KL Sentral for the launching event of this campaign :)
 
The refreshments served this morning. :)
 
 
 

Cheese cake with caramel
 Mini donuts with milk
See.. so cute! soak the donut with milk :P
 Mini tortillas wrap
 Some kind of egg pudding (don't know how to decribe sorry D:)
 Nasi lemak
 and Aloft Bananas and Aloft Apple HAHAHA


 Meet my new friend Crystal. Don't she look like Jayesslee? (Janice & Sonia)

 SIGNED ! I support this campaign !
 So awkward seeing myself in the big projector screen *shy*

 Fiona posing with Fiona LOL *sorry I'm lame*
 I love these lightings in the ballroom. Aren't they cool? But dislike the purple-ish lightings as it doesn't make selfies nice :P



 OOTD :) Wearing my new dress from H&M. This was suppose to be my dress for CNY ..OPPSSS :X

Group Photo !
 My new blogger friend Audrey and her friend Patrick :)
 Really love her hair colour but she's dying it back soon. I will never have the guts to dye my hair like that. UNLESSSSSS I become hotter xD
 

SHARE THE WORDS PEOPLE !
 
X.O.X.O

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe