Bangkok trip guide

1:32 AM

Hello there, so today I'm gonna talk about my bangkok trip which everyone DMed me about. My trip itinerary is suitable for those who prefer to travel in a relaxing way haha (NO DRINKING INVOLVED) That was my first time in Bangkok but I didn't even get to visit their clubs or even the famous transgender show.

I went to this short getaway with my bff as I was superrrr down at that time so we bought this ticket 2 days before our trip LOL

Our Stay: Metropole Hotel, Bangkok (located in Thonglor) 
2802, New Petchaburi Road, Khwaeng Bang Kapi, Khet Huai Khwang, 10310, Thailand

(got those photos below from Google and the hotel really look exactly like that)
The Entrance (The car was really there too)


Love their old British concept design of the hotel. It's located 10 mins away from town. Basically we go everywhere by Uber/Grab. 
The best thing I love about this hotel is this noodle stall located just right in front of the hotel. It's only 50 baht for the noodles and the taste of the soup was so ON POINT! We had these for supper almost everyday after we discovered it.

Missing this already!

Ratchada train night market (Known as Rot Fai night market too)
 Address: Khwaeng Din Daeng, Khet Din Daeng, 10400, Thailand

The nearest BTS would be the "Thailand Cultural Centre" stop




First meal in Bangkok night market. It looks nice but in fact we were quite disappointed. Does thai prefer eating cold seafood? *Can someone answer this question for me?* Not sure why but we see them cooking in front of us yet the seafood were COLD when we eat it. I prefer my food hot :(

I was blessed that no food poisoning was involved in this trip as I've heard tons of scary experience of my friends who encounter it while eating in Bkk night markets LOL thank God AMEN


Platinum Fashion Mall 
I've found my heaven! The most mainstream mall for tourist but I personally think that it's still a MUST GO place if you're coming to Bkk! 100 baht clothes (RM12++) everywhere man. The quality is even better than those in China or Korea. I went there twice even before we headed to the airport (luckily we didn't missed flight)


Thanks to @poppyland.co for my outfit for my Bkk trip. 

Shopping tips: BARGAIN is a must but also la be reasonable lo. 100baht dress you don't tell me you still wan bargain HAHA

Grand Palace 
 1 Maha Rat Rd, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Open from 8.30am - 3.30pm DAILY

Reminder: You can only get there by taxi. 
Tips: NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO TELL YOU THAT IT IS CLOSING FOR A ROYAL CEREMONY! Thank God again I did some research before I went. Someone really approach us and told us that right after we got down from the taxi WTF Those are conman who's gonna fetch you somewhere else and force you to buy expensive gems at their store.

JUST IGNORE. 

WALK AWAY. and head straight to the entrance of Grand Palace. NO REVEALING CLOTHES OR SHORTS ARE ALLOWED. Cover your shoulder and knees. Scarf not counted! So remember not to wear a singlet there ok!

Ticket price: 500 Baht (it's super worth it)










Behold & get ready to take your instagramable shot here!




My first tuk tuk ride and I'm not loving it. Bkk is too polluted and I can feel myself suffocating during the ride. 

Artbox Bangkok
 (Was told that the location changes occasionally so just google or something if you wanna visit it)





Everything is so hipster here even the crowd. Good thing about Bkk is that the air is not that humid so I don't sweat a lot there.

MBK Centre, Siam
One of Bangkok's best mall. Not a fan of shopping malls if I'm on a trip tho. So we headed straight for lunch.

Nara thai restaurant
I went to the one in MBK Centre. Okay let me rate for this

The environment: 7/10
The food: 8/10
Price: 7/10

Pretty good! Definitely a worth trying restaurant.


Look at these. Does it looks like a meal for 2? LOL 

Pink Pool Cafe, Stylenanda
Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand (Next to Siam Centre)

Not sure what the hype is all about but it is DISAPPOINTING. The space is so tiny and it's way different that what I imagined.


But on the bright side, I think I've got some pretty good shots here HAHA



Featherstone bistro cafe & lifestyle shop
60 ซอย เอกมัย 12 Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Ekkamai)

You definitely need to Uber/Grab here as there's no BTS near to this cafe. It was quite close to our hotel. (Thonglor is just beside Ekkamai)

Felt like a wizard once I got into the shop. Can I have a magic potion that make me hot? :')







Their special drink. Forgot it's specific name but it has a strong lavender taste. If you ask me if it's worth a try I would say yeahhh DO IT FOR THE GRAM! lol


I thought the jam in KL was bad until I experience Bkk jam :')


Chatuchak weekend market
Tourist hotspot. Went there twice too just to shop.






JJ Green night market
I strongly recommend this. Try to ask the locals for the directions. You can go there after Chatuchak as it's just beside it. Young hipsters everywhere too.

Mr. Grill Yakiniku
Saw a long queue for thai BBQ then we decided to try it out too. It was surprisingly good. Pretty cheap too.



My favourite haul was mostly bought from JJ Green. More local designer brands were available there. Quite a lot of thrift shop could be found too.

Karmakamet Diner Secret World
30/1  Khlong Toei, 10110, Thailand

I had the best big breakfast I've ate in my life but I got a lil shocked after converting the price and it came up to RM80++ for my meal. YOLO. 







So these were basically where I go and I'll definitely hope that I'll come back soon in the near future hehe. SHOP TILL I DROP!

If you ask me how much money I've spend, I changed around RM2.3k in total into baht and I think you should change your MYR to BAHT in Bangkok because it's really more worth it!

Look for this!
SuperRich Money Changer ORANGE COLOUR SIGNBOARD
It can be found at many places.

I hope you guys would enjoy Bangkok like I do.

Till then,

X.O.X.O






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe