VibeHero: Chutney Mary @ Bangsar

1:09 PM

Hey peeps,
Are you getting sick of mamak food? Today I'm gonna introduce you all to a place called Chutney Mary, an Indian restaurant that serves authentic North Indian and aromatic South Indian cuisines.

 Address: 21-G, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, WP Kuala Lumpur, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Operating hours: 10.30 am - 12.00 pm DAILY


 The environment is quite cozy but Bangsar is always packed so there might be a problem in looking for a parking spot.

 Selfie while waiting for the food :D
 Thank You Elaine for sending us there. The youngest n hottest girl that picked me :P




OOHHH before eating. I realized that the cutlery is quite weird/funny because it looks like a nail LOL

Lesson-of-the-day:
A tandoor is a cylindrical clay or metal oven used in cooking and baking. The tandoor is used for cooking in Southern, Central and Western Asia

 Paneer Tikka - RM 20.90
Cubes of fresh homemade cottage cheese imbued with shahi zeera, wrapped in green pepper corn enriched with multi flour batter and then glazed in the Tandoor.
For me, it tasted more like a tofu than cheese :X I really thought that I'm eating tofu before I ran through the menu.
 Tandoori Garden Mushrooms - RM 20.90
Fresh garden mushrooms marinated with ginger, garlic and green chilly in fresh yogurt, skewered and grilled in earthen oven.
Okay for me. Kinda tasteless and I prefer the taste to be more flavourish. Why is it so expensive? O.o
 Tandoori Chicken - RM 18.90 (half), RM 32.90 (full)
The "King" of Kebab and the best known Indian delicacy. Chicken marinated with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, tumeric powder and garam masala; skewered and cooked in the Tandoor.
I'm a Tandoori kind of person HAHA. I'd order Tandoori chicken whenever I go to mamak but this dissapoints me :( I still prefer the ones in mamak
 Kairi Chicken Special - RM 22.90
Succulent cubes of boneless chicken marinated with fresh mint, mango and yogurt, skewered and grilled over charcoal fire and served in a mini Tandoor.
I love this. the meat is flavoured and tender enough. The reason for me to visit this restaurant again might be this dish :D
Hyderabadi Lamb Briyani - RM 23.90
Hyderabad speciality rice delicacy. Briyani rice cooked with succelent pieces of lamb flavoured with saffron and cardamom.
Not the type of briyani rice that I'd like. Too dry and plain for me. Maybe you'll like it who knows? ;)
 Romali Curry
sorry I did not remember the price but this was just plain beans curry. Like those you eat with roti canai and this is for naan :)
 Cottage Cheese in Spinach - RM 19.90
Cubes of fresh homemade cottage cheese cooked with ground spinach
AGAIN. I thought they were tofu #SorryCheese
 Methi Tomato Fish Curry
*forgot the price again* This is nice too!! love the taste of the curry, more to the sweet type of curry.
 Assorted Naan. Plain Naan, Garlic Naan, Butter Naan
Staple food for Indians? nahh just like we Chinese eat rice very often but they eat naan very often. The butter Naan is good! but a little bit oily

Malabar Prawn Curry
Prawn cooked with coconut paste and fennel seeds garnished with coriander and onion rings
I recommend this! It really taste good. Taste like coconut milk curry
 HMM...I don't think I really like Indian cuisine O.o Just not my thing sorry ah.
Anywaysss, for those who love to try or you really love Indian cuisine, you can try them out!

Overall rating: 5.5/10
A little bit too pricey foe me :( #PoorBrokeStudentSays

Visit www.vibehero.com to find out more dining places that suits you best!

TATA,
X.O.X.O

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe